Emergency Response and Incident Management
Emergency response and incident management are the plans and process a business uses when various incidents occur. Emergencies and other incidents, which may involve injuries or property damage, must be resolved to as quickly as possible to minimise harm and disruption to business operations, as well as reputational damage. Having a structured process to rely on promotes the most efficient response, management, resolution and prevention of incidents.
This induction course is designed to provide managers and risk officers with a comprehensive best practice guide to effective incident response and management. It contains the range of possible incidents it may apply to, staff responsibilities and the six-step process to use when incidents occur.
- This course is broad in scope and is suitable for a variety of businesses and industries, particularly those operating in work environments involving hazardous materials
- Corporate companies and small businesses will benefit equally from this induction course
- The Emergency Response and Incident Management course is ideal for informing risk and safety officers about industry standards for incident management processes
- Understand the importance of having a structured plan to best manage incidents and emergencies
- Be aware of manager, response team and spokesperson responsibilities
- Learn the process used to respond to, record, investigate, resolve, prevent, close and review all workplace incidents
- Be better prepared to manage and resolve workplace incidents, be they major or minor
- Reduce the risk of workplace incidents and their impact on personnel, infrastructure and business reputation
- Ensure that staff responsible for incident management are aware of their duties and how they fit into the incident management process