IT Incident Management
Information technology, or IT, is the most prevalent information-sharing medium of today’s business and broader society. For this reason, it is vital for businesses to have a structured process to diagnose, manage and resolve all IT incidents as quickly and efficiently as possible. This is especially important for businesses that rely heavily on IT services, such as those in telecommunications and digital media industries.
This induction course is designed to provide staff and management with the recommended step-by-step process for managing incidents, in accordance with the globally-used ITIL best practice guidelines. It emphasises the service desk as the primary unit for dealing with IT incidents and also gives implementation, survey and report tips.
- This course is broad in scope and is suitable for a variety of businesses and industries, particularly those operating in an office environment
- Corporate companies and small businesses will benefit equally from this induction course
- The IT Incident Management course is ideal for information technology support staff and managers; particularly those tasked with resolving IT incidents or improving efficiency
- Understand why an incident management process is so valuable and how it can be implemented
- Learn the best process for identifying, logging, prioritizing and responding to incidents
- Be aware of the steps and infrastructure required to successfully implement incident management
- Understand the value of a central service desk over provisional incident management approaches
- Educate staff and managers about incident management and how it may affect their roles and responsibilities
- Improve incident resolution times using the structured process as the base for a tailored incident management plan
- Boost customer satisfaction with faster and more effective service and track improvements using the survey and report tips