Effective management is crucial for all businesses. As a business, it is in your best interests to have a strong leadership foundation to support your staff, customers and other stakeholders. Good managers at all levels of a business’s hierarchy share common traits and values that are critical for efficient business operations.
This induction course is designed to support current and future managers by examining the qualities of good managers, providing best practice approaches to workplace challenges and addressing common mistakes made by managers. It also contains strategies for change and performance management, staff engagement and retention, diversity, and conflict resolution.
- This course is broad in scope and is suitable for a variety of businesses and industries, particularly those operating in an office environment
- Corporate companies and small businesses will benefit equally from this induction course
- Managing Staff is ideal for supporting current managers’ continuing professional development, as well as for preparing staff to transition into a management role
- Learn the purpose, types and good qualities of managers
- Gain a detailed understanding of the best approaches for dealing with both positive and negative interactions with staff
- Be able to effectively engage and retain staff and boost team morale
- Understand the value and challenges of workplace diversity
- Learn how to manage and resolve conflict in a structured, balanced and empathetic manner
- Deliver detailed, yet concise training to staff you promote to managerial positions
- Enhance the communication and leadership skills of current managers
- Promote efficient staff management with practical tips that can be applied to a variety of workplace scenarios
- Support healthy and cohesive relationships between managers and their teams