Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Personal protective equipment, commonly abbreviated to ‘PPE’, is a vital element of health and safety in a variety of workplaces, particularly in construction and mining industries. PPE consists of all clothing and protective items designed to minimise the risk of personal harm caused by workplace hazards. It is essential for workers to know the various types and applications of PPE.
This induction course is designed to inform staff about all common types of PPE, how each type must be used and the situations where they are required. It provides specifications and usage guidelines consistent with Australian and New Zealand Standards (AS/NZS), as well as training and workplace signage information.
- This course covers all standard types of protective equipment and is best suited for construction industry workers
- Corporate companies and small businesses will benefit equally from this induction course
- The Personal Protective Equipment course is ideal for educating workers about the importance, proper application and maintenance of protective gear
- Learn about the different types and applications of protective equipment, including head, eye, hearing, respiratory, hand and fall protection, as well as protective clothing and footwear.
- Understand the importance of PPE training with tips for a training program
- Be aware of the different types of workplace signage; especially those that indicate which type of PPE is required
- Educate workers about PPE types, uses and workplace safety
- Encourage workers to use PPE through hazard awareness information
- Support compliance with workplace health and safety requirements